Rouse Landscape - Terms and Conditions
Rouse Landscape 2016/17
1. Rouse Landscape is covered by public liability insurance, for the protection of its workers and for their customers against any injuries or accidents caused by the work undertaken.
2. Rouse Landscape current hourly rate, for the purpose of clause 3 - 5 and clause 14 ['All items of work that are in addition ...'], in these terms and conditions is; Andrew C Rouse- £45.00, specialist trades - £25.00, skilled labour - £15.00 and unskilled labour - £10.00 per hour per employee on site.
3. Rouse Landscape reserves the right to charge for any alterations, re-quotes or further visits if they are not awarded the contract. This will be charged at their current hourly rate.
4. All first quotations are free of charge and all initial plans are free of charge. However, if Rouse Landscape is not awarded the contract, then the plans must be returned within 10 days of receipt of the plans, or Rouse Landscape reserves the right to make a charge for the time spent on drawing up the plan. Any charge will be made at their current hourly rate.
5. For the purposes of providing a quotation, and drawing up a plan, there is no charge for the first attendance. However, any further visits to a property, where a contract is subsequently not awarded shall be chargeable at the current hourly rate.
6. Plans provided are initial sketches based upon customer instructions. All measurements and detail are approximate, and subject to change during construction. Such changes shall be agreed verbally or in writing. If agreement cannot be reached, Rouse Landscape may take the final decision where issues of safety are involved. All plans remain the property of Rouse Landscape until the final payment has been made under clause 11 ['The remainder of the price shall be payable...]
7. A full breakdown of all quotations is normally provided, showing a full list of the work to be completed. Individual items in the quotation cannot be ordered separately from the remainder of the quotation, unless expressly agreed in writing by Rouse Landscape.
8. Once a quotation has been accepted, depending on the job circumstances, a 10% deposit may be required from all customers on placing the order and before construction commences.
9. Should the customer cancel the contract before the initial installment has become payable under clause 11, Rouse Landscape shall be entitled to claim any losses. These losses may be deducted from any deposit held, and the balance of the deposit, if any, shall be repaid to the customer.
10.Should the customer cancel the contract, Rouse Landscape is entitled to claim loss of profit and any other reasonable costs incurred, unless Rouse Landscape can recover the lost sale by reallocating the specified time. In these cases, the Rouse Landscape can claim for any extra costs reasonably incurred.
11.The remainder of the costs shall be payable in three equal installments, as follows: (Unless otherwise specified on Order Form)
a. * 30% of the price shall be payable upon Rouse Landscape purchase of initial materials.
b. * 30% of the price shall be payable at the half way point in the construction. This point shall be agreed between Rouse Landscape and the customer.
c. * The final 30% shall be payable upon the completion of the work. * Exceptions may be made due to time period of contracted work.
12.If the customer fails to make payment of any listed in clause 11, on the due date, then Rouse Landscape is entitled to:
a. Charge the customer interest on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 4% per month above RBS base rate, until payment in full is made.
b. Cancel the contract and invoice the customer for all work carried out to date.
13.The contract price shall be Rouse Landscape's quoted price, as accepted by the customer. All prices quoted are valid for 30 days only, or until earlier acceptance by the customer.
14.All items of work that are in addition to the original quotation must be agreed, in writing. Such items will be charged at Rouse Landscape's current hourly rate or as agreed in writing by the customer.
15.Rouse Landscape guarantees the labour and construction for 12 months unless otherwise stipulated in writing. All material supplied by Rouse Landscape are guaranteed for the same period unless the customer is notified contrary, prior to construction commencing.
16.Where Rouse Landscape supplies, in connection with the contract, any goods supplied by a third party, Rouse Landscape does not give any warranty of guarantees as to their quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise in excess of the customers statutory rights. Rouse Landscape shall, where possible, assign to the customer the benefit of any warranty, guarantee or indemnity given by the person supplying the goods to Rouse Landscape.
17.Rouse Landscape cannot be held responsible for any boundary disputes arising from the setting out of any fences, walls, or other solid lines constituting a boundary.
18.Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the customer’s statutory rights. If the customer wishes to verify their statutory rights, they should contact their local trading standards office.
19.All garden design drawings & plans are for illustration purposes only & not to be used as construction drawings. These are to be used as a guide only & may be changed during construction.
20.All products remain the property of Rouse Landscape until paid for in full.